Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mommy Hunger


So I get to my first Easter today and before I even walk in, I start prepping myself. "Think like a skinny person, think like a skinny person, think like a skinny person." I tell myself this will be the holiday that I change my fate around. This will be the time I do not wallow in chocolate but I overcome all of that temptation and I eat the vegetables and I eat the fruit. I walk in the front door and I smell all the good home cooked aromas and walk towards them  reluctantly. I look at the table set before me and there is a huge bowl of cheese staring at me. Mmm...cheese. One little bite won't hurt. Then I grab a handful of veggies, I try the different dips and the hummus. Blech. I reached for the puppy chow, I have a handful and then I have another handful, and then I desperately search for my self control. I walked out of the room to find it. And then it is lunchtime. Ham, potatoes, macaroni and cheese, scalloped corn, rolls with butter, deviled eggs. I have just a little bit of all of it which equals quite a bit. Then I go back for dessert. This is where the damage really starts.  I have just a sampling of two different things. I don't want to overdo it I tell myself. But it is too late, I already have. I am stuffed to the gills. And then we go on to our second dinner. Second verse same as the first. Only this time I am elbow deep in the desert I did not allow myself to have the first time. The kids candy. Caramel Cadbury eggs and Reese peanut butter eggs. Chocolate cake with caramel icing. I am shoveling it in as if it's my last possible chance. Needless to say, I have to undo my pants before we even make it home.  Bloated. Miserable. Feeling like I want to throw up. Feeling like I do every single holiday. Whoops. Maybe Memorial Day I'll be that skinny person, but tonight....I gotta sleep off this food coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment