Friday, February 14, 2014

Mommy Valentine


"Cuz I keep it Real Yo"

Today has been filled with highs and
lows as only you would know.
Morning snuggles with my babies,
filling me with glow.
Came down stairs to find a card with
all a girl could ever want to hear.
And then the goodness of your words
whispered in my ear.
Shortly after you left the chaos did
ensue,
3 little monsters running, and babies
1 and 2.
Fits and fighting and crying and
whining and sulking filled with pouts,
Alas they went outside to play, the
babies napped, and I worked out.
The kids made a heart of snow for
me and said it was my Valentine,
Enough to make my heart explode,
their sweetness is divine!
When they came in I made hot chocolate
and they thanked me up and down,
I don’t see the big deal, all I did was
hang around.
Then my Dad stopped in with cupcakes,
smiles and energy,
It was very much appreciated and
meant so much to me.
Here comes the dog, he stepped in
his poop again, why why why??
The baby pukes and plays in it, and I
think I’m going to cry.
Finally here you come with
cheesecake filled strawberries, and a
surprise,
A dinner date! Just what I need! The
tears well in my eyes!
Then just like that, my whole world
falls, to find out more bad news,
Some exciting plans fell through and
then I got the blues.
The highs and lows of this were
filling me with strife,
It’s exhausting somedays just living
a normal rollercoaster life.
But honey this day isn’t unusual and
if to thine self be true,
There is nothing life can’t throw, when I have you to get me
through.
The bills can keep on pilin’ up, and let
the fits ensue,
I have the best defense of all,
HAPPINESS, and it’s because of
YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment